Monday 24 August 2009

Algonquin Park

What a treat to visit the park again! We drove in for lunch at Arowhon Lodge. yum. No moose, but that is ok!

Don't forget that it is near Deerhurst, the site of the June, 2010, G8 meeting. You may want to stay away for that!
But the trip to Alongquin is lovely. Here is a beaver dam off the Arowhon road.

I haven't been back in awhile. I used to drive through on my wat from Muskoka to Ottawa, but every other w/e, while holding down a teaching job 62 km from home, was too much. Especially with both parents dying of cancer. (Read the full story in my book! Living and Dying withDignity ) I had enough of forests, lakes and trees, as well as stress, bereavement issues, and depression.

The rescue plane. One of the most photographed images around!

A well-researched park is a well-protected park.
Their literature of excellent. I bought a couple of book: reptile & amphibians, lichen, but a great little store! That's my world!MWT White

10 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Looks like you had a wonderful anniversary get-away!

Don't know if you saw the comment where I tell you I have passed on an award to you. I think you can read about it in my post " . . . honoured again . . ."

Perhaps you don't like or want awards. That's fine. I just wanted to make sure you knew about it.

Sylvia K said...

Great shots! Looks like a lovely place to visit and explore!

Have a great week!

Sylvia

Lorac said...

I love going there with the kids on hikes. When I was younger I did canoe trips and camping. There is no place like the park.

George said...

What a wonderful place to celebrate your anniversary. The lodge in your earlier post looks lovely and the food looks too pretty to eat!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to Algonquin in so long.....I really want to get back there...maybe this fall.

How will the G8 affect residents of Huntsville?

DeniseinVA said...

How wonderful to celebrate your anniversary here, your photos are very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing them.

Arija said...

It is a great park. When we lived in Montreal we explored many of the parks within range.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jenn: What a neat look at a wonderful park, thanks so much for sharing this time.

Snap said...

Looks like a wonderful time! Love the last shot "please let them be!". All your shots were lovely. Made me want to be there, too!

Carolyn said...

What a wonderful post about one of my all time favourite Parks in Canada. I have such wonderful memories of this gem. Thanks for sharing this Jenn.
Blessings and smiles