Friday 1 April 2016

NaPoWriMo April 2016 Day 1

I'm not sure if I can keep up with this, but it is NaPoWriMo 2016! I didn't participate in 2015, I did in 2014 and in 2013, as well as in 2010. We'll see how this goes!

I'm glad we didn't begin with a haiku, as when you write it in English, it's more Pseudoku! Haiku needs a cutting word, a lune does not. A lune or American Lune has 5-3-5 syllables, and doesn't need to be related to nature.

Dratted red squirrely
Furtively
Feeds his wicked soul

Bullying the birds
Ferocious
Master of the seed



This is what we think the cats call them: 'Dratted Red Squirrel.' They are ubiquitous. The cats follow them like mad from the window, tracking them to the drainpipe outdoors.
Tree rats or bullies, as well!
I was out checking out the birdbath and it came right over beside me, ferreting out birdseed under the feeder. You can see how close we were.


DRS from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Now, since spring has arrived, it looks much warmer on the fence in the sun.

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Never heard of the 'lune' before, but I could be persuaded to become a luneatic.

William Kendall said...

Good luck with the challenge. I tend to use a different D word for squirrels: devious!