Saturday 31 January 2015

Snowy owl photo-op #3!

Click here for more
critters: S.C. #59!
Eileen's Meme.
Not great photos, all I had was the videocamera on our trip to physio and the Naturopath in Carleton Place. It was bitterly cold, windy, and my fingers froze. I leaned up against the sign and still the wind gusts made the videocam jiggle! That said, I just stared at the video screen in awe of this beautiful creature. Thursday was the day we spent waiting for them to redo our well pump. This was a glorious gift!
This is the third Snowy owl I have seen. It just looked left and right, and all around for mice friends. Majestic. Traffic roared by me.

Snowy owl #3 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.
After a snowy night, I spotted a Snowy owl near Perth. It's terribly shakey, but I was frozen, the wind was frigid, and gusty. I walked up to a sign post, and braced my camera on that. It didn't help! My finger were numb when I got back into the car!

15 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Thank you for your poor numb fingers. What a gorgeous bird! Exciting to see him. I have never been so lucky. Love your photos and video of this magnificent bird.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jen, awesome post and photos on the Snowy owl. It is beautiful! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post.. Have a happy weekend!

Olga said...

It is worth seeing all the same. Thank you for sharing it. And freezing your fingers so you could share it.

TexWisGirl said...

just beautiful! that wind sounds fierce!

Nancy J said...

Super shots, and with freezing fingers and wind gusts, even his tail was fluffing out with the wind. Guess what?? For Christmas I got some winter wind proof gloves for taking photos in the cold!!! Maybe I'll get to wear them in July, not super thick, but I can wear fingerless mitts over them easily. hope that pump delivers all the water you can use.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

what a wonderful bird to see and photograph and I loved the video. Have a lovely weekend.

William Kendall said...

The wind certainly sounds fierce!

The owl seems to take it all in stride.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful just to see one, let alone get photos and video.

Red said...

Majestic is a great term to describe them. I also like regal.

Unknown said...

What a great sighting! It's a gorgeous bird.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Tremendous shots! Worth every 'degree' of effort ... &*> YAM xx

Linda said...

great photos of the snowy owl, I'm still on the lookout :)

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Such a pretty bird! I've never seen one in the wild.
~

betty-NZ said...

These are amazing shots of this great bird! I hope you thawed out quickly :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful animal. I've never seen a snowy owl. Worth freezing to take those shots, I'm sure.