Friday 19 December 2014

Paint Party Friday

Another delightful visit with my client. He's such a sweetie. We chatted, I told him some silly self-deprecating stories and he laughed at my follies. I told him how I still hadn't seen a Snowy owl. He spotted one in his backyard from his bed. I was so happy for him.
While we chatted he would doze suddenly, and I took out my sketchpad.
     "What are you going to draw?" he asked.
     "I don't know!" Taking out a magazine, I spotted a stuffed pink unicorn on the top of a Volkswagen, a gift of some sort. Also, a lovely landscape.
He wanted to see my drawing as I made progress, in between dozing off. Then he wondered where my traditional bird was, I threw in some seagulls!
He told me a joke. He said he teases his son, who is about my age, and he'll stare out the window and say, "If you want to see a deer..." then pauses... "this isn't the time!" By this point his son has run to the window and is disappointed!
It's not out of the question. One day, out in the backyard grazing on their gardens, were a herd of Scottish Highlander cows!

Art should be like a holiday: something to give a man the opportunity to see things differently and to change his point of view. 
             -Paul Klee, painter (1879-1940) 

Here she be:
P.P.F. Week 41 Year 4

14 comments:

Julie said...

Nice artwork, you are invited to share this with Feline Art Friday:
http://kittypartay.blogspot.com/2014/12/feline-art-friday_18.html

Christine said...

very sweet drawing Jenn, a happy one!

Christine said...

very sweet drawing Jenn, a happy one!

Nancy J said...

What a wonderful visit for you both, some company, laughter together, window looking, and a sketch at the end. I'm sure for both of you this was as good as it could be. Hugs,Jean.

Giggles said...

Very sweet!

Hugs Giggles

Geckostone said...

I love your drawing!!! And the story was delightful, you have a way with words!I was there looking out the window too...hugs, Deb

Linda Kunsman said...

what a sweet fairytale-like drawing. Happy PPF!

Cloudia said...

Nice story.

I would like to meet you
in the land you have drawn.




ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
<3

Anonymous said...

have enjoyed looking at all your photos and lovely little sketch

eileeninmd said...

Sounds like a nice visit.. I love the drawing! Have a happy weekend!

William Kendall said...

Nice work!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh the imagery... and a great picture too &*> YAM xx

Red said...

There was some mutual support going on here. You were being prompted in your drawing. You put some effort into keeping someone involved for a time.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Love the story. The picture is so fun!