Wednesday 25 January 2012

Habitat for Humanity Muskoka

I love watching these homes shape up from donated time and materials. I live 430 km away from my old Bala home, where I blogged the Bala build in 2010. I've kept up with my old cottage region, we cottaged there from 1960 - 2010, full time in the last 4 years. My Muskoka blog & cyberfriends post many beautiful photos to remind me of my old haunts. I created a list of them in 2009.
How much wood does it take? A lot
In the meantime, Emily has posted some more Habitat photos. She has put in 450 sweat equity hours, and anticipates moving in within the next month. For reasons I cannot go into, I am not permitted to post her photos on the official Habitat blog. Here they are, from her Facebook account. She is a terrific photographer, and I love seeing them.

The basement walls

The basement

The cement blocks are heavy!



 All those details:




cutting out for the sink!
Early December, 2011









December 20, 2011

1 comment:

Kay said...

Wow! It's such a wonderful feeling to look at these photos. How wonderful!