Tuesday 24 November 2009

Invasive species - jumping for joy


Can you name the Great Lakes? I used to present a mnemonic device in my classroom to help my elementary students: H-O-M-E-S!
This knowledge is required in order to understand the environment, and the risks posted by man's inhumanity to the earth!

Muskoka is is the red section!

I have posted a few blogs about the environment:
Endangered species - due to environmental issues, as well as invasive species, our beloved critters are at risk across this North American, international continent. The Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) has an Aquatic Invasive Species website. This is a huge problem internationally, as the flora and fauna listed in my post:
The following MNR links provide information on just a few of the many invasive species in the Great Lakes Basin:


1 comment:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jenn: Absolutely know all the lakes, of course Erie is fairly close.