Saturday, 10 October 2026

Saturday's Critters

 We are preparing for Thanksgiving dinner Sunday! We've had scattered rain over a few days. The critters are getting prepared for winter. You can't really be prepared, you don't know when it will happen. There are years when snow fall has messed with my shutting down of the garden. In October, 2024, we had 2.5 cm of snow. 

I've seen evidence of Barry Beaver. Beavers are mostly nocturnal, although not always. He has avoided the cameras.


The July 1st storm knocked down his partly felled Aspens. They prefer Aspen and Willow trees, I have read. He's worked on a small and a large oak tree.



This is the large oak. I may have to wrap this one. 


The fox has slowed down, but continues to patrol. I expect that when the snow falls, she'll be a less frequent flyer! 

   

 She is out mostly after dark. 

   

 The porcupine has a den somewhere. It'll settle in, and in winter hang out closer to the den.

   

 We seem to have one doe hanging around.

   

 Butch has been cruising on by. They like grubs, and bugs, and are voracious. Like Fred, they bulk up for winter. 

   

 The lady beetles are looking for shelter for winter. 

   

 I am struggling with spiders. They like the camera lights, which draws bugs. I have to clean it, now that the tree frogs have gone to ground.

 

Saturday's Critters # 669 <= Join up, join in, or visit the other critter lovers.

6 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Happy Saturday and TG weekend. Enjoy the feast tomorrow.

RedPat said...

That is a big oak tree for Barry to tackle.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I guess it is feeling like Fall there and you are preparing for winter weather. Love all of your videos as always! Hugs!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the forest images and all the critter cam images.
I would like to see a porcupine in the wild.
The deer are always a favorite.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Still lots going on! YAM xx

Red said...

You keep good account of your critters.