Thursday, 8 October 2026

Crumbly Acres settles in

Those cats! Cinnamon likes to wake early and sing the songs of his clan. Sometimes he is let out, and I sleep through it. They have been catching mice, bless them. There was one in the clothes closet, and Cinn tried for it. He is way to gentle, playing with it. 

 The white pine trees have shed a ton of needles. I used the lawn tractor to mulch them.

"Typically, white pines will retain needles for three years, but in autumn, 2-or-3-year-old needles will change colour and drop, leaving only the current season's needles"


I tend to throw kitchen peelings out into the daffodil garden. I must have thrown a gourd there! It took its own time. We are so close to first frost.




It's getting cooler, as it does. Nutmeg will sleep anywhere!


The Muskoka Room is a good spot for her! She slept here for hours Wednesday. 

I continue to shut things down outside. I have my winter bird bath on the go. Cinnamon approves.


I sat in the warm sun and put saddle soap on my boots.




10 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
...the long, deep breath... YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

I didn't know there were other pines that drop their needles.

RedPat said...

I brought in some plants but this weekend will start chopping down the tomato plants etc.

tz_garden said...

What a gorgeous day, the little gourd is adorable!

Nancy J said...

Saddle soap.looks like what we have down here called " Dubbin", what a difference to those lovely boots all ready for winter days. Our days are getting a lot warmer, and the cold mornings have gone, at least that's what I am saying.

Jeanie said...

Our pines at the lake are dropping needles like crazy. I suspect I'll be out raking them later today or tomorrow! Love all the photos -- especially the cats!

Mary Kirkland said...

My dog gets me up too early too.

Barbara Rogers said...

You reminded me to go buy some serious boots!

Kay said...

Your fall header photo is beautiful. My daughter tells me I'm missing all the gorgeous fall colors in Illinois.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Never underestimate the antics and sleeping positions of a cat!!