Tuesday, 28 July 2026

Summer unfolds

Things are lively here, despite the heat. We've had our fair share of rain, which is a good thing. July has various levels of rain over the years.


First Monarch caterpillar I have spotted! 

I'd neglected to take a photo! Souvenirs from Caitlin's trip to the Baltics. A lovely amber butterfly and chocolate biscuits from Zurich! 

 The Freds have settled in with Auntie Fred at the shed, and MiniFred elsewhere! 




Fred likes the deck burrow.


 

Look who is visiting at night. Red fox.


Turns out MiniFred has been working on Burrow #6A! In the corner of the house. 


 
I tipped the camera down to capture the action. Joe was sitting on the deck, and Fred kept working!




16 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I hope you and the Freds enjoy the rain today.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

The three Fred's, Barry and the foxy lady (if it is indeed a lady) have been very busy! Trail cameras are so cool, yet can be so frustrating when you know they should be capturing something but do not. I only have my cell cameras out right now, I need to get my SD cameras out and get them ready for the season.

tz_garden said...

Chocolate biscuits, yes please!

KarenW said...

Did you get a good storm last night?

Jenn Jilks said...

Sure did! And more rain today.

RedPat said...

The Freds keep busy.

Shug said...

Hope Amber's trip was all she expected it to be. good videos for the day... I love how you never know what is going to show up on them...

David M. Gascoigne, said...

You must be especially grateful for the rain, given the fact that half the country is burning and you have not been threatened by fires.

Mary Kirkland said...

I enjoy seeing the Fred's.

Granny Sue said...

Mmmm, Swiss chocolate! The butterfly is a beautiful piece too.
Busy, busy critters at your house!

Jeanie said...

I love that all the Freds are getting along. What lovely souvenirs!

Red said...

These critters are unpredictable. I guess that's what makes them so interesting.

Red said...

That's a lot of food stacked up.

MELODY JACOB said...

I always enjoy seeing the little visitors that make your garden feel so alive. The monarch caterpillar, the Fred family settling into their burrows, and the fox stopping by at night all make this such a lovely glimpse into nature. It must be wonderful watching these small moments unfold around your home. Thank you for sharing these beautiful updates. If you have time, I would love for you to visit my latest blog post too and share your thoughts.

eileeninmd said...

We had a storm last night, but we are still short on rain.
The butterfly is pretty and the chocolate biscuits look yummy.
Take care, have a great day!

Jenny said...

Forgive my ignorance, but what are those animals around your home all called Fred?