Friday, 17 July 2026

New shingles, new root canal, no TV

 The roof is done. My root canal is done. Our only frustration is getting Shaw, bought out by Rogers, to realign the TV satellite. 

The roofers, Bruce Rogers, began on Wednesday. They arrived around 7:30, and we kept the cats in. 



Cinnamon was wondering who was on the roof: Butch Raccoon, squirrels?! 


I cleaned up the back deck with this. It has a magnet. There are lots of roofing nails that popped out. They cleaned most of it up the next day when they were done.

Our roofers came back Thursday, but the cats were out. We didn't see a cat all day. 






What a job this is. I kept offering water, anything. 



At 1:30 we took off for the dentist. I've never had a root canal. I hope never to have one again. Still on antibiotics, and Tylenol 3. 
The jay walkers really get to me. 



Can you see the back of this car? Don't park near them. 

Note to self: avoid highway #15. Flaggers and single lanes. It's a busy highway at best. People want to go 20km+ over the speed limit.


I made it. The technician was great. She actually held my hand. I have this mortal loathing of needles.




There was a co-op student, as well. He aspires to dentistry. The two of them spoke of computer games, and totally distracted me while the anesthetic took hold. I did have laughing gas. I look a little the worse for wear, but better days ahead!




Escorted to the waiting area, Joe Brian checked me out and drove me home. He'd done groceries while waiting the hour and a half. 

The cats greeted us upon our arrival home. They hadn't eaten all day, and were quite happy to get inside.

I had TLC, and Tylenol 3s. Vanilla pudding!  It is sore this morning, and will be. The cats are quite happy with the peace and quiet. I'm going back on the phone to try book something with Shaw Rogers TV Satellite.

12 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I only once had root canal work... I now have a gap where it all failed... and am having roofing flashbacks... eek... YAM xx

Jeanie said...

Cinnamon looking at the tiger in your video thumbnail is great. You look awfully happy for being in a dental chair! Good for Joe on the groceries. And three cheers for the roof completion!

RedPat said...

Poor you. That looks like a really big procedure. No wonder we all fear dentists. Hope you heal quickly.

eileeninmd said...

I am glad all went wel with the roof and the root canal.
Neither is much fun but must be done.
Take care, Happy Friday! Have a great weekend.

Red said...

I like the photos of the nasty job. I had one root canal and that's the last one I'll have.

tz_garden said...

oh wow, I'm so glad the root canal is over. I've never had one either, and I'm sure it's in the future. How was the laughing gas? Looks like it had you feeling no pain, or not caring? Cinnamon sitting waiting for the roofing to be done , so cute.

Mary Kirkland said...

So sorry you had to have a root canal. Hopefully you feel better soon and the pain from it goes away.

Blondi Blathers said...

The worst is over -- already, Jenn! I think I had to go to the city at least two or three times before they were done with my root canal and crown. I hope you're feeling 100% again soon.

You'd go insane driving down Wadena's main street. People cross in the middle all the time. And the business part of Main Street is only two blocks long! Still, people don't walk to the corners to cross. There'd be a riot if town council passed a jaywalking bylaw.

And those roofers up there with no shirts. Haven't they heard of UV rays?

-Kate

Anvilcloud said...

I haven’t had the gas since we left our dentist in Sarnia. It was a bit of a trip. :)

MARY G said...

My family has a photo of me just after open heart surgery. It makes you look pretty dern good by comparison. I hope you are by now out of pain from the incident and can eat a bit. As a multi root canal survivor, just avoid anything really hot, in either sense of food hot, for a few days.
We had to reset our own dish.

DrumMajor said...

Cool pics. Hope the root canal work helps down the road. Be on the lookout for roofing nails everywhere. I found two last week from a job 2 years ago. Might want to rent one of those wide bar magnets on wheels, like an old push mower without blades. Only cost me $15 from the rental store; I picked up 3/4 gallon baggie of roofing nails! Trying to safe feet, shoes and tires. Linda in Kansas

Granny Sue said...

Big happenings st your house, and all expensive, i bet. Here's to a fast recovery for you, and even faster restoration of your satellite.