Friday 23 March 2018

Tractors and PPF



50th Anniversary of the company
1847 – 1897
I was at my client's house, and I pulled out a book from her shelf. It happened to be this one. The Big Book of Massey Tractors (2001) I was looking for a photo of a tractor, as I'd done the barn in my drawing, and thought I'd put a red tractor front and centre! What a coincidence! I modeled my tractor on the first one.
It is a Massey Harris Model 25, built between 1936 and 1946.




This is Harris, the other dude is Massey.


Coincidently, they have a photo in the book. This snow machine dates from the time of the trailer I found.


We have lots of tractors around here. There is a lot of hay harvested for agriculture.
 

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your little painting. The tractors are very interesting. We have a lot around here, mostly green and yellow ones, and I love watching them. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Lovely happy inspired piece, thanks for the info on tractors too.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
bbbrrrrrmmmmmm brrrrrmmmmm.... you knows I's a fan of tractors! Love yours. YAM xx

Laila said...

How cool is that, I've just prepared for a tractor as well.

Latane Barton said...

Being an old country girl, I love that barn and tractor. How lucky finding such a model for your art work.

Linda Kunsman said...

great job on the tractor drawing Jenn! Don't know much at all about tractors-interesting styles. Happy PPF!

Nancy J said...

John Deere, Massey Harris, Case, Farmall, and not a single Fordson there to be seen. I grew up driving a small Fordson, two tyres had steel blades, then Dad's next one was with all rubber tyres, what an improvement. Hugh had a small Ferguson, many years ago, and even now would so love to have a tractor here.!!! That book, what memories and a treasure, love your painting, another for your book.

William Kendall said...

A great collection of tractor shots!

DUTA said...

The tractor is a beautiful farm vehicle! The one in your lovely picture has a driver, but there are also driverless tractors that function with supervised autonomy.

Red said...

Love the old tractors from the 40' and 50's...my time!

Faye said...

All these wonderful tractors reminds me of my childhood. Love your drawing.

Beth Niquette said...

I love your drawing. It reminds me of when I was a little girl and Grandpa would be driving around the big green John Deer Tractor. :D

DVArtist said...

Wonderful post with all the photos of the trackers. When I lived in ID I would go to the tracker parade every year. Love your tracker painting too.

Lowcarb team member said...

Great to see all of the tractors and your painting was really good.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Your art is delightful and how fun to have found a tractor in the book! You are talented!