Wednesday 18 October 2017

Gettin' cold!

Daisy has spent the summer sleeping on the back or front decks on the furniture. Now, she's happier indoors.



Hubby, who is always cold, bought himself a new heated blanket. He's lost 10 lbs. anticipating his cancer treatment side effect: gaining weight, but he is always cold! ALWAYS! Daisy likes the heat, too.


In the meantime, the cats keep bringing snails in, I guess from walking in the grasses. They stick to their fur.


Somehow, I missed these photos. Poor Bird of Play was blown over in the wind. She fell over onto the worm, and I'm going to have a bit of a glueing job. They've all been brought into the shed for the winter. Bird of play was OK, although I'm going to have to paint her, where her metal is rusting.



Then, Daisy and I found another tree that cracked in our big winds.



We had a nice walk, afterwards. A teeny Oak tree has beautiful leaves!


Indoors, the plant Nancy gave me (an orchid cactus, on the right) has grown quite a bit! It sits in the window, but takes up the space.

The sun is lovely in the afternoons.

It shines on the mirror ball, meant to dissuade birds from flying into the glass. It's also a lovely toy for Annabelle!

Fairy lights on the carpet and the walls.


Now that the bird feeders are up again, Annabelle has her lovely collar on. I set her play video to double speed, as it's funnier that way!
 
Mirror ball from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

9 comments:

Nancy J said...

Our cats do that with the reflection from Hugh's watch. Poor bird, it is such a fancy one. Is it time for all outdoor delicate "stuff" to come inside, we have 3.5 C outside this morning!!! Sunshine has risen above the trees, off to the hospital later for Hugh's pre-cataract surgery appt.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Poor Annabelle is NEVER going to catch all those pretty circles! She's sure getting her exercise trying though. Very cute video and the glass ball in the picture window is a great idea -- pretty, entertaining, and practical in deterring the birds from flying into the glass (I wonder if birds will ever evolve to recognize the dangers of windows!).

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
..
=^= cute. YAM xx

William Kendall said...

A delight to watch Annabelle!

DeniseinVA said...

Enjoyed the post, photos and video. I need one of those mirror balls. Your husband looks very comfortable with that lovely heated blanket. I wish him all the very best with his treatment.

Olga said...

I just recently learned that the unofficial start of fall in Florida is the day the temp drops below 80 and every sighs about the cooler weather. Weather people are predicting that may happen next week. I am down here dealing with some wind damage from Irma -- not too bad, but the county is still picking up downed trees and replacing traffic signs.

Anvilcloud said...

Poor guy, always cold like that. I don't have that problem although it might seem like it when I bundle up in the house in winter. But it's mostly because we keep the heat low as Sue is more comfy cool.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, my hubby is always cold too. He has been known to wear his winter coat on in the house. I wish I could share my hot flashes with him. Cute kitties. The snail is tiny! Grreat post, thanks for linking up and sharing.
Have a happy day and new week ahead.

A Colorful World said...

What a tiny snail! Lovely mirror ball, and such fun for the cat! That's a great idea.