Tuesday 25 July 2017

Hubby, the tourist

Hubby took the car into Subaru Ottawa. It was a 100,000 km check, and very major. It was supposed to start at 9 a.m., so he left here at 7:00 a.m., after a big trip the day before for his Bone Scan.
They didn't start working on it until 11:30, for a 4-hour maintenance. It wasn't ready until after 4 p.m. This is truly deceitful.
They knew they hadn't begun, but then didn't tell him. I was so angry. We have EnRoute, and I can go online to see where the car is. I told him when he phoned.
The bill was $1000. The poor man had to drive the 82km home through Ottawa rush hour.




He made the best of it. He had his birthday camera, and he's getting better at photos!
Hubby did the on-off bus tour until 4:00, and did the touristy stuff. He wouldn't let me go with him, as he knew I'd drive him nuts. It was nuts during his bone scan. He had a nice sleep in the tube. (I've done all the museums with kids and students!)
 

I had to research this one: La Machine, one of a pair of huge mechanical creatures will walk about Ottawa!

8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

He's doing fine with photos, but I'd sure be peeved. Is there not another Subaru dealer?

Jenn Jilks said...

I think there is another in Brockville, but I cannot imagine it'd be any better.. sigh. We have complained.

Nancy J said...

I would complain too. Great tour, love those red jackets and tall hats,

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
some fabulous shots there!!! Having recently had the Little Ren in at the shop and experiencing something very similar, you can add my ire to the fire... (and today when I arrived back at the Hutch after a week over East, the window wouldn't close - electrical failure...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) YAM xx

Red said...

You'd think that when somebody is going to take a thousand bucks off you the least they could do is keep to the schedule.

Sue (this n that) said...

Good for your hubby Jenn, it's really horrible when customer service is as bad as that!
I love how he filled his time taking the photos - it was really enjoyable seeing them all.

William Kendall said...

You can leave a bad review at their Facebook page. I've done that with a shop that I received bad service in.

It looks like he enjoyed things quite a bit while waiting on the car, anyway.

Yes, La Machine is happening from Thursday to Sunday, so it'll be big.

If you can get over to Jacques Cartier Park before it closes up in mid-October, I highly recommend taking in the MosaiCanada exhibit.

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like he managed a good time regardless.