Tuesday 6 January 2015

Can we talk?



Buster & Dorah
It was - 12 C. yesterday morning. Buster was quite gloomy, as was Dorah despite the lovely sunshine. Daisy kept trying various doors to see if it would be warmer out that one.

Poor old Buster. He's got tapeworm, likely from eating a mouse with it. I had to pop in to town and get him a dewarming pill. I mean, a deworming pill! Why would I type that?!
I spotted a split segment, quite white, crawling 1cm thing, on his black backside.

Wouldn't it be amazing if our doctors offices could take a phone call, be definitive about the issues, give us one (nicely flavoured it says) pill that will cure him...

Into the parking lot at Crappy Tire. We needed more kitty litter. Poor Buster's other symptom is diarrhea.

My car on the left. Some old dude on the right. I was pulling into the spot, the empty one between us and he wouldn't give, forcing me to back up and pull up into the spot where I ended up. I was so angry. I took a photo, and just had to vent.


Spotted this somewhere.
I sure wish he'd just quietly retire.
We still have 3 buck and 6 pairs of antlers!
I'm anxious to see if I can harvest them when they're shed.
Everyone is rather cold. The birds (junco in these photos) and squirrels are simply eating more to keep warm. I'm determined to watch my eating habits. I've lost 0.9 kg in the past week. It's a good start.
It'd be nice to estivate, and sleep through this cold. Just burn all that fat sleeping.
Squirrels estivate, and really should be taking a break and sleeping through this cold snap!

5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Poor kitty! It is cold out there, I wish I could burn fat while sleeping.. Have a happy day!

William Kendall said...

The old boy needs to learn some basic manners, but I imagine at this point in life, he's beyond learning a thing.

Poor Buster!

I get a kick out of watching that video, seeing the cats bat at each other's paws.

Kay said...

Gracious! It's even cold here in Hawaii.
It's amazing to me that worms could live in the tummy. You'd think the stomach acid would kill anything that goes in.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
I love how squirrels use their tale as a back warmer whilst they nibble!!! We are having weird weather here...up and down like the proverbial... Great Coyote visuals!!! YAM xx

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Poor kitties -- and you need warming -- not de-warming! Funny girl, calling attention to your typo instead of just erasing it. I like that a lot! Makes me feel happy to know I'm not the only one who makes mistakes. (Sometimes I comment on my IPAD and am very mistake prone on it.

It really does look very very cold there and I hope all of you stay warm and cozy inside.