Wednesday 2 January 2013

I took a wetland walk with snowshoes

I sank up to my knees
-even wearing snowshoes!
The snow is deep. The bog isn't frozen, but the snowshoes keep me up high. There are tracks all over crisscrossing as the deer, wolf, coyotes all make their way. Thank goodness for my snowshoes!



The precious wetland, protected with snow!
Underneath, plants, reptiles, amphibians, fish sleep!
In summer, bog plants thrive,
floating water lilies

And for a comparison!

Here is the meadow now, and in summer!   


5 comments:

Judy said...

What a difference from last summer!!
Thank you for all your kind comments!!

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm glad the snowshoes kept you from sinking even further!

eileeninmd said...

Sounds like great exercise! Beautiful place and photos.

Red said...

With snowshoes, the next time you're on the same trail it will be many times easier.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I like how you live engaging with your countryside.

Great post.