Tuesday 14 August 2012

Pruning vines, discovering hidden friends!

Today I needed to trim and prune the Hops vines. 
The plants tend to keep the moisture in, and encourages mold on the wooden deck.
Looking at the deck, there is much caterpillar poo about. 
Praying Mantis
This little venture led me to a few discoveries. See her watching me? 


caterpillar poo everywhere!


Io moth caterpillar (left) - has sharp spines!
It is HUGE!


Tree frog poo, Josie!

Pretty little moths!

Who loves our deck? Tree frogs!
grasshopper

another beetle to look up!

5 comments:

Linda said...

You have lots of interesting critters there - I have never thought of caterpillar poo!

Jenn Jilks said...

When our granddaughter came over in winter I'd say,
"Want to go outside with gramma and find deer poo?"
"Sure, gramma!"
Her other gramma paints her toenails. I'm the down-to-earth, lets get outside one!

TexWisGirl said...

we get toad poo on our deck. :)

Red said...

All I ever needed to know about poo!

Kay said...

You sure do have a lot of interesting wildlife up north.