Tuesday 6 July 2010

Treated like a princess

MWT WhiteIn my world I am a princess.
A Muskoka princess.

That is how Brian treats me. Every morning he brings me my coffee as I work on my blog, or contact family and friends via computer.
Meantime, since we are still showing the house, he cleans, washes, and tidies and straightens. You see, the deal is: I make dinner, he tidies up. As I explained previously, I am a clutter monster, he is a neat freak. I take care of outside work, he does the inside.

And, no, he doesn't have a brother!

We were married on our lakeshore, Aug. 22/2002, and honeymooned one night in Cranberry Cove, then returned to the cottage for the week. He brings me flowers weekly, and treats, on special occasions and for no occasion.

But I am not the only Muskoka princess to be here!
Here is a princess. You don't need a million dollar yacht to be a princess! Not with a handsome volunteer firefighter steering your craft!
Every princess needs a dog, and hers is right there!

But still, I don't think this princess is the one I heard about.

My daughter looked like a princess for her wedding, but this is not the princess in question, either.

I have a rumour to spread. I was talking to a friend. Someone, having a garage sale, where we have our storage locker. She was sitting out, waiting for customers on Saturday. While she sat there, a black SUV showed up and two men climbed out. One of them asked if she owned the place. She laughed, and said, no.
He explained that he wanted to bring his wife in, she is a princess, and she was coming in by helicopter. They wanted to land in the open area here in the storage locker compound. They gave them the phone number of the owners. Later that day, volunteer firefighter crews were called to ensure safety in the area and, sure enough, the princess arrived in our small town in a yellow helicopter. So they say.

I've been searching for princesses. Victoria, crown Princess of Sweden is on her honeymoon. Married June 19th...to her personal trainer. No guff! Now, this is a YouTube video of the wedding, from someone who bravely stood outside and watched! Could it have been her?






Swedish Crown PrincessVictoria weds fitness ...
19 Jun 2010
news.bbc.co.uk

But it cannot be the newlyweds, there was much speculation on where they were going on their honeymoon:

Betting sites dream up odds ahead of Swedish royal wedding


Now, Miss Lopez says they are in Tahiti. Back to square one.

In fact, there are princesses everywhere. The queen, of course, is staying at the Royal York Hotel. (Which had a power outage today!)

The 150th Queen's Plate was run at Woodbine, in Toronto on Saturday. That would have been the right timing, for arrival Saturday afternoon. More research.  The Queen attended this year, amid much pomp and circumstance, and mild mockery of her hat, maybe a princess had attended and was now on vacation here?

Oops, but working on my blog post, I discovered people who considered themselves Kings of the Lake. Bad manners...

Fishing right in front of our home, where we swim. I asked them not to. "It's no fun getting a fish hook in your foot."

plutocracy

PRONUNCIATION: (ploo-TOK-ruh-see)
MEANING: noun:
1. Government by the wealthy.
2. A country or state governed by the wealthy people.
3. Wealthy ruling class.

14 comments:

VioletSky said...

it looks like you have a charming life!

Jim said...

A wonderful post. You're very lucky.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I like your Royal Life just fine -- but be sure to let us know about this other Princess who's trying to land in your territory!

Do you get that "Word of the Day" daily e-mail? Because plutocracy was today's word!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Its good to be a princess, Princess Jenn!

SandyCarlson said...

I am glad you have a wonderful husband, even if he has no brother!

Sylvia K said...

I would say you have a most wonderful life and I love your photos! Fun post for the day! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Indrani said...

... just like a fairy tale!
Wonderful post.

W.C.Camp said...

I'm digging that coffee while I blog thing... Forget the brother, I am already married to my wife. But is your hubby available for coffee duty on his 'off' hours!
Nice Post! W.C.C.

Jenn Jilks said...

I do! I love Word of the Day. I've been doing Cr. Wr. with the inmates, and I've used them in my program! Still no word on the princess...

Jenn Jilks said...

I do, Sallie. I love it. Use it with my Cr. Wr. group.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Princess Jenn: Very cute post my friend.

LadyFi said...

Lovely post - your husband sounds so sweet!

I'm an ex-pat Brit in Sweden so we all watched Princess Victoria finally get her true love...

Rinkly Rimes said...

I'm almost the same age as the queen and I'm half English, but I wouldn't be seen dead in one of those hats!

EG CameraGirl said...

Lovely post, Jenn. I'm treated like a princess too. We're sooo lucky! :)