Thursday 27 August 2009

Summer is humming along


The summer is disappearing fast. Despite media reports, the afternoons have been delightful. Yes, July had some rain, but August has proven wonderful. The mornings and evenings were cool, but it usually warmed up.

We've been swimming and playing and enjoying life.

With the late Labour Day w/e some schools begin earlier than others. The lake is quiet. The w/e busy with tourists and seasonal visitors. The days have been luxurous. I continue to save up these images, like Frederick in Leo Lionni's tale. They will be put away, wrapped in tissue paper and, on those long, dark February days, I will unwrap them, hold them up to the firelight, examine them, smell and taste them again! Change helps us understand the past and live in the present, while we eagerly anticipate the future. Variety is the spice of life. Mind you, the tornado was a bit much, but it, too, will be fodder for conversation.

I've met a lot of photographers. It helps me to capture the beauty around me.
This man was at Arowhon Lodge Dining in paradise. We were busy hummingbird watching while waiting for the lunch bell.

We try to capture the beauty around us.
It is sometimes easier than it looks.

While he waited at the spot, the hummingbirds zipped around to the other bird feeder leaving him birdless! It was a fun dance.

He'd turn around and they'd be back.


Eventually, she gave in and let us capture her image. Hooray for zoom lenses!



Hummingbird

This is the life!

4 comments:

Azure Accessories said...

I agree...that is the life...I love the water. I've lived beside for most of 45 years and consider myself very lucky!

Cheers

Julie said...

Sweet shots, it looks like a lovely area.

Gaelyn said...

What delightful summer days to capture for the memories.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great area. I love your commentary as much as your great photography.