Sunday 15 March 2009

MTM ode to spring



Travis has the week off for moving...leave a comment (or send me an e-mail), grab our new logo, and I will do an archive of MTM posters for this week.
Happy house warming, Travis.

I wrote a poem for MTM. This seems to be poetry week: CGP, and the Weaver. Many bloggers have created them! I am working on haiku. Difficult style that requires discipline!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Canada geese honk
across the frozen lake
lonely song travels far over the ice mass
blue jays laud with audacious raucous squak

in the forest
woodpecker's knocking echoes my way
seeking sustenance as it forages
chickadees chirp in tune

sun approaches warmer spring solstice
each day it rises higher in its zenith
warmth provides some solace
soothing breezes cool my face

ice rumbles like tympani
a drum beat to laud
alpha and omega
we cycle forth

cracks in the ice appear with a jolt
like the wrinkles I've earned
they reflect a winter's discontent
nature soothes sorrows

small puddles of open water
shimmer with anticipation as ice heaves
over the ice I dance with glee
a spirit ceremony to herald spring

lake ice rumbles
like a finely tuned orchestra
our percussive symphony
at one with this land

the tree weeps silently as sap rises
a fond farewell to hibernation
portents to summer's tourists
snowmobiles scream by in juvenile glee

mourning doves coo in chorus
soothing my flustered feathers
snowman melts
massaged by sun's rays

ferocious feline fixes her gaze
red squirrel scolds hunter cats
like taking photos with the lens cap on
a fruitless endeavor










~~~~~~~~~~
Check out other MTM posts:

  1. Travis (our fearless leader & founder of MTM) is hoping we won't pinch him.
  2. Debra lauds a friend, and writes of Six Ways to Save Money on Healthy Meals (yum)
  3. Barrie lauds the Moreton Fig Tree. (It is glorious!).
  4. Claire goes back in time to Grand River in the 1900s.
  5. Pattinase hails writers in interviews♥.
  6. Chris' MTM is up, visit him in Hong Kong
  7. Barbara Martin's historical tour: Toronto's Great Fire - 1904
  8. Junosmom takes us on a trip with trains and horns.
  9. The Women of mystery have a post up about Yonkers Raceway!
  10. Eviljwinter posted up a pot of chili! (bring on the food!)
  11. Paul has blogged on Marty Cook -to add music♪♫ to our art & drama
~~~~~

17 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

some nice birds in there,

good luck with the haiku!

Jenn Jilks said...

Thanks, crafty. I'm not sure I totally embrace it, but it's good for the brain cells to play with language!

debra said...

My post is up, Jenn.

Barrie said...

My post is up too. :)

Clair D. said...

My MTM post is ready. Thanks for collecting links.

at the cottage said...

Gosh Jill, I so enjoy your blog :)

My heart breaks for the tragedy this weekend. I saw it on the A Channel news tonight :(:(:(

Deb

pattinase (abbott) said...

Mine too: http://pattinase.blogspot.com
Thanks, and I love those pics.

Sepiru Chris said...

Chris' MTM is found here...

Junosmom said...

Hi Jennifer, I'll be back later today to catch up with your posts. I have to go feed horses right now. I do have my post up. Thank you for hosting.

Travis Erwin said...

Spring is the noisiest season but we all embrace the cacophony with glee.

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Clare has an MTM post up over at our Women of Mystery blog.

Terrie

Anonymous said...

Mine is up. Yet another Chili post. And I'll have one next week, too, thanks to my wife.

http://eviljwinter.wordpress.com/2009/03/16/mtm-cincinnati-camp-washington/

Clare2e said...

Jenn-

I got here to alert you to our post, and Terrie arrived first. I gotta tell you, someone that on the ball sets the bar high for the rest of us : )

I especially liked your ice rumbling like tympani! People who don't live in cold climes may not realize what a personality, by turns strong and treacherous, that the ice takes on throughout the season.

Thanks for hosting this week!

Linda McLaughlin said...

I liked a lot of the imagery in your haiku, Jenn. So sad about the family falling through the ice. Spring is beautiful but it can be treacherous, too, at least in Northern locales.

No MTM for me today since it's my day to blog at my RWA chapter blog. http://occsliceoforange.blogspot.com/

Thanks for taking charge of the links this week. :)

Paul D Brazill said...

Hi. My MTM is alive and trembling! Thanks. Paul

Judy said...

I so love the photo of the cat!!!! You really have caught her in mid stalk!

Junosmom said...

I saw some Canadian geese fly overhead the other day. I wondered if they were on their way to you.