Wednesday 3 February 2010

Canadian National Pond Hockey Tournament

Huntsville, Ont.
Who knew? This is hockey!!!


Hooray for pond hockey. This takes me back to a gentler time.
There are lots of rinks across Muskoka.
Lots of places feature tournaments for fundraisers.

With ponds, lakes and indoor and outdoor rinks flooding our nation, it's hard to think of a place you can't play a game of hockey in Canada during the month of February.

Deerhurst Resort is hAS to the world's largest pond-hockey tourney, LAST YEAR: 300 teams over two weekends last year. Weather permitting, the resort has up to 24 rinks on Peninsula Lake, and has its own zamboni. This swank winter wonderland also offers horseback riding, kid's pony rides, cross-country skiing trails and equipment rental, snowshoeing and tubing. A free shuttle whisks guests to the ski hill next door.

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ *Jenn

3 comments:

Cloudia said...

Currier & ives!

Aloha, Jenn-Friend!


Comfort Spiral

Pearl said...

I'm in Minneapolis, and we have three outdoor rinks directly across the street in the park. I love it.

Doo.... dooo. doo doo doo...

Pearl

p.s Just realized that you can sing "My Muskoka" to the tune of "My Sharona". :-) But you probably already knew that!

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

I didn't know you could sing My Muskoka to My Sharona... but that is really cool! I meant to come here and compliment Jenn's gorgeous photo of the river on the top of the page.. but then I learned something new. You just never know....