Tuesday 23 June 2009

Blind River 2


horses



We drove past Sudbury, and stayed in a motel in Bind River! It is very near Eliot Lake - on the map. Just on the shore of Lake Huron's North Channel.

The rock cuts are fabulous.

So, here we are...travelling through Ontario's north. I attended a wedding in Timmins, once, miles north of Sudbury. A friend's wedding just before Christmas. I was a teenager. I am much older than that. It is high time I came back to this part of the province.





The country is not dissimilar to Muskoka. There is the same sort of topography: trees, sparkling lakes, bogssudbury, but the rocks are incredible.
There are also farms, horses, and very few travellers in this, the shoulder season.



It is great country. The people are so helpful. They spent time directing us to the best food, or location.


Our server, AKA The Wolfman's brother, served us a great dinner of pickerel. Yum.
We had a lovely dinner of pickerel. It is trucked in from Manitoulin Isl., and brought around to us in Blind River. I must admit I ate it up. Shoulda taken a photo before I started but I was hungry.








His tattoo gets more than honourable mention. Off we go to our next stop.


Many campers, and camp grounds in the area. Methinks the folks get worn out.
The signage is a hoot:




2 comments:

Jain said...

Jenn, I've snatched your wetlands picture for my desktop, hope you don't mind!

I've made the trek through Sudbury to Cobalt and down 'round Georgian Bay a number of times, attending music festivals. It's my favorite part of the planet that I miss a lot. Thanks for the flashback!

Jenn Jilks said...

Thanks for letting me know, Jain. It is a greatly scenic view.