Pages

▼

Tuesday, 29 September 2026

Frequent fliers, etc.

🐣 PHOEBE

 It was unusual,  but there was a phoebe in the front yard, which seems late in the year. Here is an old screenshot of it coming to land on the trailcam. They are lovely little birds. Ours nested twice and produced 8 chicks.


Ottawa, May 2013

Things are winding up. Leaves are falling. We have 8 happy fishies. I cannot grab a photo of them all at the same time! One was stubborn, and escaped capture until the pond settled and I could see it.


The water fountain has been scrubbed and cleaned. Much debris was in the mechanism. It's good to dry and be wrapped for winter. 



It was a lovely day to be working outside.

The sunset was lovely.




Fall, bring it on!


Plane spotting!

 

Community Safety Announcement:


Finally, I am the proud owner of a new crown. 🦷 This is an old photo I remembered I had in the files. 

12 comments:

  1. Love the crown!
    You are a citizen scientist with all of your careful observations and notes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty fish. Fall and winter sunsets are one of the best parts of this season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Phoebe...and fish. Not sure you need that crown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fish look happy! I don't think I've ever seen a phoebe. A new crown in your mouth? I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sunset really is pretty. Very cute bird too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder how old this photo is or how old the subject of the photo is. Good photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's to plenty of frequent fliers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fish tank really looks nice.
    And that crown suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eastern Phoebe is a little bird that is always delightful. So industrious, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty sky captures and I love the cute bird and your goldfish.
    Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I am so glad to have you here! Fans, blog buddies, and positive, constructive comments, make my day. 'Anonymous' creeps me out!