Pages

▼

Monday, 28 September 2026

Narrows Lock Rd Part 4

 Off to Narrows Lock Part 1 

 From Newboro to Westport Part 2

Through Westport Part 3 

4th and final! 

The road was blocked to the south, and we did a go around. We ended up going about 100km in total. 

 

Big Rideau Lake is a big lake!

It turns out they were replacing hydro poles on either side of the Big Rideau. No through traffic.

At Narrows Locks we found some birds. 




It is a great dock! 

Mergansers!

Here is a merganser from 2009 in Bala.

Soon the locks will close for winter. Two Le Boat rentals were headed through.






March, 2022 for comparison:

This was amusing!


Hallowe'en is coming! 

Another fond look at Fred, who sleeps for winter!

 

7 comments:

  1. So interesting....things we don't have in our area. This is one of the things I love about having blogging friends from all across the world..I feel like I get to experience things that I never will see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you divided your trip into 4 parts...that's a long day trip! Fred is so fat...going into his long sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interesting. Very different from here. The color of the water is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari Om
    ...and I'm sitting here not quite believing it has been ten years since you took me on a similar tour... fond memories! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I am so glad to have you here! Fans, blog buddies, and positive, constructive comments, make my day. 'Anonymous' creeps me out!