I looked it up online, and found several people who have done this route: Achray, through Barron Canyon, to Squirrel Rapids. This is the video JL took at their campsite!
Tuesday we were visiting Jordan in Kingston! Our Kingston trip!
Tuesday we were visiting Jordan in Kingston! Our Kingston trip!
Trip over (Saturday => Tuesday), Caitlin kindly texted to say they were back in cell phone service. By then we were home, too.
They stopped in Renfrew to recharge the car and grab lunch! Happy Campers! Then, they headed home, safe and sound. Muskoka chair photo-op!
The photos and videos trickled in. Everyone took photos. It was great fun. I absolutely adore Muskoka rocks, flora and fauna.
I'd love to visit Big Falls in the park, but that won't happen! This was epic. Aster took a flying leap! Twasn't a skill I knew Aster had managed!
At home, this is what we had. No sound, just a light show. Ah, nature is grand.
















This looks like they had a wonderful time. Rick would totally approve of camping like this over taking the well-stocked RV with beds and all! I must share!
ReplyDeleteFun family photos!
ReplyDeleteA good time was had by all.
ReplyDeleteHari OM
ReplyDeleteaaahhhhh, summer days..... YAM xx
Beautiful views of the park, the camping/canoe trip looks fun!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day and happy weekend.
What a wonderful experience. A good thing photos and videos were working even if totally cut off from civilization (cell service!)
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! A great spot to camp. Thank you for sharing all these super photos and videos Jenn. It now feels strange to go into no cell phone service areas but must make camping even more fun. I have left my phone at home accidentally and it's an uncomfortable feeling to discover that but made me realize I am way too dependent on the thing. Still, would I want to go back? Nope! Happy to see how much fun your family were having and that lightning video, totally agree, nature at its best. Have a wonderful day and weekend!
ReplyDeletePushed the button too soon, as I also wanted to mention the garter snake, a very handsome one. Reptiles have always fascinated me.
ReplyDeleteI camped in Algonquin for almost a week in '67. We were not great adventures. We got to our first campsite and decided that it was good enough. lol
ReplyDeleteThat looks exciting. I haven't been camping since I was a kid.
ReplyDeleteWe camped for years with no cell phone back then. Nothing even flash at all, that looks like a wonderful place to be.Our girls had home made sleeping bags to start with when they were tiny!!! A tiny tent for 4 of us.!!!And one time, just Hugh and I, it poured the whole way in, on my side the caravan window had leaked, sheet, pillow, bedding all wet. I would have walked home, but just TOO FAR !!! Internet gives us so much more and when family share their adventures, special beyond anything.
ReplyDeleteI did a few runs in Algonquin, years ago, when no one was expected to stay in contact. This summer my younger daughter was up on Baffin Island, and checking in every day with her locator. Amazing technology.
ReplyDelete