Pages

Tuesday, 22 September 2026

Things are heating up and cooling down!

I've put up a few things for Autumn. Frosty has his outfit on. Scarecrow girl and skeleton are at the end of the deck. She sits on a pile of hay.

With all the goldfish indoors, I filled the goldfish pond back up a bit, just to protect the water lilies. It was grunt work. Those rocks are dead weights! 



I have cement block in there. It protects the fish, giving them somewhere to hide. The water pump sits on them, as well.
The leopard frogs have tried to move in. 

🍎More fun! Caitlin and Aster went apple picking, then to see the Spiderman movie. Two thumbs up, apparently. We don't do theatres, too noisy and crowded. A pie was made, as well!


🍏 I thought of a poem we used to recite with them when the grandies were little (and when I taught kindergarten!):
           
        Way up high in the apple tree. 
        Two little apples smiled at me. 
        I shook that tree as hard as I could. 
        Down came the apples. 
        Mmmm, they were good!

My son, Jesse, and family went to a Medieval Faire. Also, first day of school for our Vancouver grandies!
 


Jean-Luc and his two buddies flew from the Republic of Türkiye. to Warsaw, Poland. They took a tour. 



This statue, The Little Insurrectionist (below left) is honouring the child soldiers who fought and died during the Warsaw uprising in 1944. 

"The Warsaw Uprising was a major World War II operation by the Polish underground resistance to liberate Warsaw from German occupation."

Warsaw Uprising monument next to the Supreme Court 


And still humans battle on for territory and resources. 

I have been in the kitchen: chilli and biscuits.

Banana bread helped warm the kitchen up. We need it. It was only 5℃ this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I am so glad to have you here! Fans, blog buddies, and positive, constructive comments, make my day. 'Anonymous' creeps me out!