That was a storm on Friday. After dinner, we watched episodes 3 and 4 of GONE. Being happy go lucky, we watched 5 and 6! I love the layers of clues, the accents, the scenery. It was filmed at Downside Catholic School in the UK.
"– inspired by the book To Hunt A Killer by former detective superintendent for Gloucestershire Police, Julie Mackay, and ITV crime correspondent Robert Murphy, with both Mackay and Murphy consultants on the series.[2] Wiki
![]() |
| GONE |
We'll often watch a foreign film with translation. We just finished Fosca Innocenti 2022 and it was one of those light, joyful, mysteries. Almost a RomCom. The lead female is the Commissario in this TV Series from Italy. The characters are gender diverse.
She's not a size 2 actor, nor heavily made up. It is refreshing. We've been discussing it, how the make-up, the barely clad people of the American shows, is left behind in the dust in comparison. Filmed in Arezzo, Italy.

Well, back to our little piece of heaven. The frog in the goldfish pond is against photos. Can you see his little eye balls?!
I snapped a photo another day.
Another throw back to cottage life. Caitlin hung up diapers! I have been looking for this photo for days...
Barry Beaver seems ticked off still. All the trees he'd prepared to chop down fell in the July 1st storm. We had our path cleared July 30th. I haven't seen Barry since then. I noticed that the duck weed and frog bit hadn't budged.
There seems to be some action, Aug. 13th.
The Freds seem to be slowing down. The cool nights are doing it, I think. A bit of a shock this morning!
MiniFred peeks his head out. Auntie Fred is minding her own business. They are solitary critters, I've read. I've seen proof as Auntie doesn't go under the deck. MiniFred stays away from the shed.
That sweet little face!
We have lovely afternoons on the back deck. Joe pulled up a chair for Cinnamon.
As we sat there, I spotted the resident hawk flying at eye level towards us, then it veered up over the roof. I was too slow to spot it and capture a photo. However, this one is a frequent flyer.
I've noticed several millipedes wandering across the driveway. Three or four, methinks. It's a bit odd.
Of course there are things that are on the hunt in the night. Finally a half-decent image grabbed from the video of our regular fox visitor.








We watched 3 Gones on Friday and the final 3 on Saturday.
ReplyDeleteSo well done.
I watched Gone too, great show.
ReplyDeleteCute capture of the frog, the waterlily is lovely.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
Diapers. That's a blast from your past! I have gone on my watchlist. Love that Cinnamon got a personal sleeping chair next to Joe!
ReplyDeleteThe hawk was probably going to zoom over your roof hoping to surprise some little bird.
ReplyDeleteI need to check out "Gone". If only the beavers knew that the storms actually did a job for them..lol. Jenn, this is the sweetest photo of the cute Fred face. Hopefully y'all will have a few more months of enjoying that deck..
ReplyDeleteThat sneaky frog in the goldfish pond trying to play undercover agent with just its eyeballs and legs showing cracked me up. Poor Barry Beaver, though! After all that hard work prepping trees only for a storm to ruin the layout, no wonder he’s still keeping his distance. And the Freds slowing down already? Oof, those cool morning shocks are real, and autumn is definitely whispering in the air.
ReplyDeleteSome great creature photos, the frog, groundhog and hawk! Amazing. I agree with movies - more realism please.
ReplyDeleteHari OM
ReplyDeleteGone is brilliant! Glad you enjoyed it too. If you get the chance via Britbox, look for Tip Toe... another excellent, character driven compeller! YAM xx
I managed to see the frog in the pond when I expanded the image. MiniFred is so cute.
ReplyDeleteI love the Fred's. Cute face for sure.
ReplyDeleteLove all your wildlife sightings!
ReplyDelete