There has been more action! I moved the trailcam.
You can picture me climbing over this tree trunk to get to the trailcam.
I was trying to figure out the geology of this site. Why would the trees get uprooted like this? I realized that they are sitting on an area with lots of rocks dumped underneath by the glaciers.
We'll see how he does using the trees. He is a hungry busy beaver.
A little piece of accidental beauty:













Your place will soon resemble the treeless prairies.
ReplyDeleteThe last two photos are so neat!! That is a big hike that you have to take to tend to the trail cameras.. Perhaps one of them will catch you doing your climbing over these big tree stumps...lol,,,
ReplyDeleteThat's a terrific photo of Barry. Interesting observation about the glaciers and the ground.
ReplyDeleteBeavers move an amazing amount of material. My guess is that they' make use of these trees.
ReplyDeleteYour land is truly beautiful. I hope Barry gets busy on that downed tree.
ReplyDeleteBarry has lots of work to do.
ReplyDeleteHope you have some trees left. Seems like Barry isn't using all of his cut lumber to build a house. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteHari OM
ReplyDeleteBeaver has busy-ness!!! YAM xx
good capture
ReplyDeleteThe interesting thing about the trees uprooting is that they got that big first. I wonder if winds have become more strong, or water table changed...more than just the rocks. We had so many landslides where trees just disappeared on mountainsides...as well as many areas with trees just blown over from the storms 2 years ago. Of course they had to deal with gravity where yours don't.
ReplyDeleteOur whole bush is like this; lots of rock, loose and bedrock. It must have been heartbreaking for the settlers who got 100 acres and found hardly any of it arable.
ReplyDeleteThat is really a lot of downed trees, it looks like. Plenty for Mr. B to work on!
ReplyDelete