Pages

▼

Monday, 27 August 2012

Sneak attacks

Often, critters use camouflage to escape predators. Some predators use it to hide in plain view.
I'm sure this is the same Crab Spider
-a lovely golden colour!
Goldenrod Crab Spider in May
-white in early spring.

What was with this?

Spotted this butterfly flapping madly
The culprit!
I practiced catch and release!

Praying Mantis looks like a leaf
Look closely!
Clever spiders!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing captures! It took a little looking...but I found them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome shots! Now do we have some natural camouflage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post would be a fun teaching game for kids!!!!


    Aloha from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    =^..^=
    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool captures of all the insects. Your flowers are pretty too. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I am so glad to have you here! Fans, blog buddies, and positive, constructive comments, make my day. 'Anonymous' creeps me out!