Pages

▼

Saturday, 3 October 2026

Saturday's Critters

 I was thinking of bats the other day. Colonies have been decimated with White-nose syndrome: impacted bats. Bats only produce one kit a year, recovery will take time. Around here they will hibernate soon. Bless our little bug eaters. We often have one in the house, but not this year. 





Our red fox continues to patrol, mostly in the dark. They are sensitive to humans, and know we sleep at night!

   

 The buck was around. Soon it'll be mating season for them! 

   

 The coyote zipped on by. Well, not exactly 'zipped' as he stopped to have a pee on camera, as they do.

   

 This one was watching for something. I don't know if it was me or not!

   

 In the day time, Cinnamon and I check out trailcams. No sign of Barry Beaver.

   

 No Barry, but a beautiful doe.

 

Visit more critters here: Saturday's Critters #668!

10 comments:

  1. Coyotes are shameless, peeing on camera. What's wrong with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are filled with wild nature! I wonder sometimes about Bucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember the last time that I saw a bat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have deer in the woods behind the shed. We don't see them but they see us and snort and huff when they do. I catch a rare one on the trail camera out by the road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Jenn
    You do see a nice variety of critters there. Great cam captures of the fox, deer and the coyote. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari OM
    Life still very much active, although gradually settling in for the cold... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of critters. I've always liked bats, they're so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beavers here seem to have disappeared. Maybe they are ready for winter under the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fox is a rare sighting for me so I love seeing Mr. Fox! Take care and stay warm as the weather changes this week! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I am so glad to have you here! Fans, blog buddies, and positive, constructive comments, make my day. 'Anonymous' creeps me out!