Fred was still up and about! Sept. 12th. He poked his head out of the front yard burrow Sept. 14th. No sign of Auntie Fred. This is Sept. 13th.
Spring vs. Fall! Yep, chonky.
They've been kinda slow these days. They sleep in until the day warms, stay up later than before.
This is burrow # 6A in the corner.
In the background, behind the bumble bee, you can see Auntie Fred in the back ground. OK, maybe not. But she was there the 12th.
We went shopping. Caitlin said she was off to check out garden nursery sales. What a good idea. We took off to Gemmell's, as they are good with many products on offer. Everything was 20% off.
Happily I had a personal assistant! I texted the photo to Caitlin. JB is wearing his Lake Ontario t-shirt from Lakeshore Outfitters.
We have a Monarch with a badly formed under wing. I put it on some flowers, and it seems to be trying to figure out how to fly. I moved it to a weed with flowers and it seemed to eat. It flew itself onto the petunia hanging basket.
My SIL, Jean-Luc, and his buddies went from Cairo, Egypt, to Istanbul, Türkiye.






Pretty flowers and butterfly images.
ReplyDeleteTake care, enjoy your day and the rest of the week!
You have a handsome assistant with fine sense in apparel! Love little Fred!
ReplyDeleteFred looks healthy and ready to sleep the winter away.
ReplyDeleteI always have fun at the garden center, seeing them virtually too. I admire JB's good taste in his attire today :) Fun to see the mini Freds and the look around your garden. Thank you for sharing your SIL's photos, an amazing trip they are having.
ReplyDeleteFred has bulked up for winter, well done! I love your new flowers, you are so right -it's a great time to find deals.
ReplyDeleteDid you see that 4 Americans thought it would be a good idea to wear Lake America tee shirts to a conference in Nova Scotia? I don't think it went over well. The ignorant American of popular lore is not extinct.
ReplyDeleteI hadn't seen that! From one of our trading partners! Michigan. Shame.A bank CEO...
DeleteNice fall post and photos
ReplyDeleteJust wondering. Do all the Fred openings join underground?
ReplyDeleteNo, they don't, Red! Auntie Fred is in charge of the shed burrow, MiniFred is at the lower deck and the front deck!
DeleteHari OM
ReplyDeleteI did think in a recent video that young Fred was putting on the stores! All that lovely doorstep salad on paw... Lovely garden haul! YAM xx
I'll never call it Lake America nor will I call the Gulf of Mexico that other name. How stupid.
ReplyDeleteA friend of mine is now doing something like that very same trip, last I checked she was in Turkey.
Oh my. Fred. Has certainly been eating well, hasn’t he?
ReplyDelete