Pages

Sunday, 20 September 2026

Fall chores & Türkiye

 Yes, Autumn is here! 🍁Fall Chores are underway. 


I was up at 6 a.m., checking out back, I heard geese coming!



The fish tank is ready. I run the hose from out back, directly into the tank. Then I vigilantly check for leaks. None found. 😊

 

Next job is to drain the goldfish pond in order to catch the fishies. I try to plan this just before a rain storm to fill the tank up again. Otherwise, the water lilies could be damaged in the air. The pond fills via the water barrel, fed by the eaves downspout.

It is a dance!

¯\_(^^)_/¯ 

       |/\|

 ((((/\/\))))

   \ |__| /

    _|  |_



As I have said, the critters are preparing either to migrate, hibernate, or are fattening up for winter. Barry Beaver is back at work.



Fred is fattening up... 

The cats are happy with indoor play. Little Nutmeg won the top bunk. She gets so mad when he's up there first. She leaps before she looks, and meets him up top, then jumps down. 

This is a big one! 



Meantime, my son-in-law and his two friends, have been enjoying his trip with his buddies! They are now in the Republic of Türkiye.
These are where people would shelter from invaders. The rock would be pulled in from of the tunnel.








9 comments:

  1. As you say, everyone is getting ready for winter - including us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many tasks to do in a relatively timely manner with fish and frogs! Well done, my friend. They are lucky to have you in their corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And there shall soon be turkey. 🤪

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great travel shots t here. With my thanks. And, yes, the little guys are building up fat for sleepy time. I have had, now, three days of the black squirrel in the bird feeder. This feeder is the one with the camera and is telling me that I have a new bird - black squirrel. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winter is coming. We will all be fattening up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do have a lot of tasks to attend to, and you always seem to get them done so well.

    Happy Autumn Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    PS I always enjoy pictures of Fred

    ReplyDelete
  7. All those balloons, the pilot?needs to have eagle eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turkey is an amazing country. Smart guys to visit Turkey. My son is going to Turkey sometime before Christmas for his work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice fish tank! I enjoyed seeing the flock of geese in your video. Lovely photos, and your cats are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I am so glad to have you here! Fans, blog buddies, and positive, constructive comments, make my day. 'Anonymous' creeps me out!