August rushes by us. I am usually happy when August is finis. The garden and forest are spots that require taming. We miss the critters, of course.
Fred has been creating a new burrow. I've spotted him on the deck, too. Auntie Fred has taken ownership of the shed burrow. The burrow under the lower deck floods in spring. Not a good choice! Soon The Freds will be hibernating. In the meantime, digging is the call to action. He does doggy digging, shoves the sand with his snout, and the sand flies!
I think MiniFred is a male. You can giggle as he stops to groom, and rolls over. I think he likes self-deprecating humour!
In the backyard, Momma Butch has 3 kits! If you like the moths dancing in the light in the night, keep watching! We still have fireflies in the yard. Front and back.
Yesterday, I posted a video of the fox going after leopard frogs in the garden. Apparently, that is what the skunk is after, as well as Butch. In this video, Butch accidentally trotted towards skunk. It thought better of it! You can see the motion sensor lights by the garage reflecting on the white pine trees.
Finally, we celebrate twin fawns frolicking in the forest!
Saturday's Critters # 660 Visit more at Eileen's blog.
I continue to love the forest preserve that is your home and property.
ReplyDeleteYou have fun videos today! Love them all!
ReplyDeleteWe saw our first deer fawn on a drive to the island last Monday. Mom and baby were trying to cross the road but baby wasn't having it, so the doe went back. We do have two moose youngsters in the neighbourhood. Our across the road neighbour saw them up the hill above his place recently, then spotted them again crossing the road between his place and my next neighbour. The critters know they are safe here.
ReplyDeleteIs there only one mini Fred around now?
ReplyDeleteI think so!
DeleteCute critters captures. The deer are always a favorite.
ReplyDeleteThank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
I am not longing for winter, but August is not the funnest of months.
ReplyDeleteThe twin fawns are adorable. I'll be glad for August to move on out! But i shouldn't wish time away! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteHow many cameras do you have? You caught a lot of action!
ReplyDeleteI think 5. Plus our security camera!
DeleteOne wonders what makes some species start hibernating early?
ReplyDeleteHari Om
ReplyDeleteThe fawns are gorgeous... but of course, getting a Fred fix was the important thing! I believe you are correct and can now refer to Fredson... YAM xx
...one of Fred's cousins visits to eat my so called lawn, but to my best knowledge he isn't digging.
ReplyDeleteNice captures as always, love how your name your critters, we do similar.
ReplyDelete