Pages

Thursday, 27 August 2026

Crumbly Acres walkies

Cinnamon and I took a walk.

 

People have been noticing lots of fungi. 



Fungi, along with the remnants of a pine cone. Some squirrel has been sitting and munching.


I tried with this one. It didn't go well.

I cam back to the house yesterday with what I knew was a boil from poison ivy. SIGH. Thankfully, I still have a container of meds for this. I just didn't notice it, wandering around the forest in flip flops.

Most of the problem is keeping the ointment on the boils. This is a great bandage!

I found a cicada exoskeleton Aug. 8th. When I put the garbage out, 6 a.m., I found a very cold one on the driveway. I sat it up on the gate post. 


It must have warmed up and moved off. Cold nights and warm days.

10 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Fungi fruiting... a sure sign of moving time! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night was a bit warmer than lately, but I still pulled up my hoodie before it was over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad about the poison ivy. I hope that it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How long does the boil stick around? That sounds awful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brave to walk in the woods in flip flops, but maybe you don't have copperheads like we do. Any time I am in the woods these days, some bug or other takes a bite or 5 unless i wear a repellent---which i usually forget to do!
    Pretty fungi. It is looking very fall-like in your woods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You find the coolest of things! The blurry fungi is a coral fungi! So pretty!

    Um, wow, poison ivy! So far I've not ever gotten a rash from it. But my grandmother always had us scanning for it as kids.

    That cicada exoskeleton is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So the moral of the story is to wear shoes and watch where you are going

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm hearing the cicadas singing here in Kansas now. My mom said in her childhood in the poor 1930s, the neighborhood kids would collect the cicada shells and make a necklace. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,
    I like finding the different fungi and mushrooms.
    I recently found some of the coral fungi.
    Take care, Happy Friday! Have a great day and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the poison ivy. That looks miserable. And boy, do you ever have glorious fungi. I haven't seen much yet -- but expect an onslaught of it any day or week now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I am so glad to have you here! Fans, blog buddies, and positive, constructive comments, make my day. 'Anonymous' creeps me out!