Pages

Thursday, 30 July 2026

Crumbly Acres Critters

 It's a big day. We were originally having our Aussie Tree Care people here Aug. 6th to clean up our trees topped by the big July 1st wind storms. Since we've had rain for a few days, they elected to switch job dates. They don't need to climb any trees at our places. The debris is all over the place. 

They are to arrive between 7:30 and 7:45 today, July 29th. I shall have to get to it. I have to show them the damage in several spots on our 16 acres. We'll see you on the other side. 

The Monarchs like the Bugloss!

 

Phoebe has raised two broods., 8 chicks They are still hanging around. This was during Brood #2. 


 

Cinnamon and Nutmeg alerted to a pair of deer! I took a video of the deer cautiously moving around the edge of the forest.

   

 I was standing looking out and heard a Loon calling on a flyby! I couldn't see it, but I could hear it. 

   

 Loons are so beautiful! Aug. 9, 2013, these are my best shots, I think.


Do you know they change colour in winter?! We once delivered one to a rehab facility for someone to Lake Ontario. 
Here it was in the crate.  


I'll leave you with a fan favourite, Fred, and her new burrow, #6A. 

 

11 comments:

  1. I love loons. They're a rare thing around here! Who is the third cat on the porch with Cinnamon and Nutmeg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that the cleanup went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    Loved the cats and the deer... and, of course, Fred at 6a... but all your critters are a joy to see! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos, Jenn! Thanks for sharing the videos as well! I got a kick out of seeing how intensely curious the cats were! I hope you are having a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Two real cats and two black metal cats!

      Delete
    2. Fooled me, but that is very easy to do.

      Delete
  6. I wonder how many more holes the Freds will dig?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loons have the most haunting surreal sound. Beautiful! I have never seen one only in photos or heard them on nature shows. I enjoyed seeing the Monarch on your Bugloss. Looks like the bees were having a good time too. I love all the wildlife you have on your property. It’s a great nature show too. Happy last day of the month Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice healthy deer just nosing about, not eating anything, just checking things out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I am so glad to have you here! Fans, blog buddies, and positive, constructive comments, make my day. 'Anonymous' creeps me out!