Pages

Wednesday, 15 July 2026

Berries and bear!

 I love our Serviceberry bushes. The birds depend upon them: Robins, Cedar Waxwings, Woodpeckers, Grouse, they make bird watching easy! 

 

One year, I bought a dozen of these small, local plants. I planted a sapling beside the old Elm tree, killed by Dutch Elm Disease. This bush has thrived ↓.  As I took out garbage Monday morning, I noticed it was rather flattened. The old Elm stump was knocked over. There is an old wagon wheel there, also knocked over.


  The old carved Bear is falling apart. I had to move him. 


I used to dress him up...
 

Now Bear sits in the garden, wearing a nice orange t-shirt, as he is deteriorating.


Speaking of bears... I know who sat on the Serviceberry! I went Walkies in the forest. Obvious sign of a bear!






On the other side of the driveway are more serviceberry bushes, as well as milkweed, and a couple of evergreens.

Tuesday morning we could see the orange from the Northern Quebec forest fires.



I've been asked what I was chewing when my cracked tooth chipped off. Wild salmon bowl! Corn, beans, soft stuff. I am taking my antibiotics, and pain relief until I get my root canal. One has side effects of constipation. The other has the opposite effect. Sigh. 

Our roofers arrive today. Gonna be a day! We had 21mm rain yesterday. We'll see how we do.

7 comments:

  1. When teeth are ready to crack, ot doesn’t takee much.

    The sun is weak and orange in the smoky haze today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the side effects of the prescriptions will cancel each other out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the creatures must be happy with the berries.
    The sky is a creepy darkish orange here from the smoke today. You can't see the sun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bear video! He's a big boy. Your carved bear is so cute
    Good luck with the roof. Seems to be the season for it, as you are the third blogger I follow to get a new roof in recent weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The critters are very active at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your roofers and with that chipped tooth! You have my sympathies, been there, done that a few times. That's a great video of the bear scratching his itch as he's moseying along down the pathway. Great post as always Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bear statue and the real bear. Pretty capture of the Waxwing. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I am so glad to have you here! Fans, blog buddies, and positive, constructive comments, make my day. 'Anonymous' creeps me out!