Sunday 18 March 2018

March Break – episode 4


March 17th

Josephine began the day by finishing up her Lego store. She'd finished the creature the previous night.
Once Josee emerged from her sleep, there was a ceremony. It ended with a poem by Grampa.

Be gosh and Begorrah
It's already tomorrow
So sing to be happy
This story not sappy
The day is not feared
 Nor shed we a tear
For what do we hear
The wee folk been here
In the kitchen he wrote
Are items of note
Three to girl
So be off in awhirl

This was a clue. There were notes on the cupboards.




Momma arrived in the afternoon, and there was another cryptic clue to find the video. Grampa didn't watch, it was his nap time.

We watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)! It was very exciting, enhanced by our lego.

Rey and BB–8, the droid
the evil Kylo Ren and a knitted ewok
It's been a great week!
March Break with the grandies – episode 3
March Break with the grandies- episode 2
March Break with the Grandies!

12 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Amazing!

Yamini MacLean said...

hari OM
I bet you and 'gramps' had as much fun planning all this as the girls had unravelling it! YAM xx

Phil Slade said...

Looks like the little folk brought you a really fun day there Jenn.

Nancy J said...

I had NO idea that Lego had so many fascinating parts.What a fun day, you and JB give SOOO much happiness to the grandies, and are they growing into beautiful young ladies. Enjoy your Sunday, down here pitch black still at 6.15 a.m. XXX to you all. p.s. Hope that new poem gets saved for your book!!

Powell River Books said...

You are definitely releasing your inner teacher. - Margy

William Kendall said...

It looks like everyone had fun!

Cloudia said...

Bless you, dear JennFriend!

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh Jenn, I have so enjoyed reading and seeing your March Break episodes and posts ... just brilliant.

My good wishes

All the best Jan

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It never ceases to amaze me that St. Patrick's Day is celebrated the world over, even by people and by nations that have not the slightest connection with Ireland. Must be the best marketing job in history!

Jenn Jilks said...

That's pretty much wrong, David. My children's paternal great grandparents were born in County Mayo. My daughter did an independent study of Gaelic. Her father visited the place his family is from.
My husband's family were Kellys, his greatgrandfather was a blacksmith.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I was not for a moment suggesting that YOUR family has no connection to Ireland. I was merely making the observation that people from around the world celebrate it, regardless of their connection to the old sod. I think the entire population of the two major universities in Waterloo turned out to party in the street - Asians, Africans, central Europeans, indigenous people.........I guess the beer was good!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I love tat the girls got a poem from Granddad! My dad used to write us poems -- on Easter they would be from 'the Easter Bunny', Christmas from Santa, etc etc.... .... even well after my brother and I knew better, we looked for our special poem each holiday morning. (I don't remember St Patrick's Day being a special day, but the idea is the same, so this post brought back sweet memories!)