Thursday 29 March 2018

Day trip March 26th

It was a doozy!

Athens, Front of Yonge Township, Mallorytown, Rockport and Ganonoque.

I planned a Google map, starting with Athens. I was negligent, and it brought up Athens, Greece, overseas. Oopsie!

I plugged all these towns into Gillian GPS. We were off.
The sun shone, hubby didn't freeze when I opened my window for drive-by shootings.




Athens


We hopped out and looked at this barn. It looks like they've been slowly taking it apart. There is a big market in old, reclaimed barn board. The wood is big, and has stood the test of time. The stone foundations are really interesting, as people tend to leave them standing.

Front of Yonge Township

We had to turn around, spotting this home. It is amazing! A house on a hill. The windows are amazing, it must be a wonderful view. 


8 comments:

Karen said...

"Front of Yonge" has so much history attached to it!

Ella said...

Thank you for the trip!
Is always nice to discover new places from my lazy chair! :)
Wishing you a blessed day and a very Happy Easter!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
A very different Athens! I just drove back to the Hutch from the father's place and it is a most wonderful, sparkling day. I found myself wishing for one of those 'drive themselves' cars so that I could take my own 'drive-by shootings'!!! Just have to leave the imprints on my memory. YAM xx

DUTA said...

Cute Post Office!

Nancy J said...

Recycled timber is very much in demand down here too. GPS or Google Earth, I sometimes also need to put in the country, or end up with a world wide adventure!!.Love your wide open roads when there is snow still at the sides.

Christine said...

Lovely day trip,didn't know there was an Athens Ontario.

William Kendall said...

That's a long drive! The clock tower is my favourite of that set.

Faye said...

Enjoyed the trip via your wonderful photos, Jenn. I see you are a Mac user for ages too. I think our first one was about '91.