Sunday 21 January 2018

Play time

Saturday's Critters #214 Heaven knows we have critters.
THursday night, we were all watching tennis! This is unusual, two cats in his lap!
 Friday morning, there were three deer sleeping in the yard.

I was working out in the basement. Hooper was playing. He's ripped apart the paper towel roll, then played tent. The tent is made of crinkly wall paper of Sesame Street!
I've had to use duct tape to put it back together. He just loves it, as does Daisy.


Annie and Hooper continue to enjoy the boot box. I love my new boots!


Then, Hooper tried to sneak up on Daisy. This went pretty well. He's making her take approximations of the right behaviour, real play. I have high hopes!
I hope you are impressed with this video. I was taking it over my head, backwards!
Daisy & Hooper from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The boot box just keeps on giving. Is there anything  more perfect than sitting in a box, in the sunshine?!

Breakfast. Kitten food on the right, diet food on the left. They always switch. Then Hooper muscles back in.


Butch has been busy.
Goofball! JB spotted him on the railing, and there were tracks all around the deck.



I accidentally left the garage door open Thursday night. Butch raccoon figured out there was seed in there. We went out for dinner Friday night, and he was back. Instead of taking off, he went back under the workbench. I had to encourage him to get out before we left for the dinner.



Butch awakes from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I put the trailcam in the wrong place. There were coyote tracks all along the path down to the meadow.

Daisy is much better, and we went for a walk in the balmy temperatures. It was 10 C. and everything was melting.



walkies from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

10 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh, the joys of a kitten's presence. Boxes and cats are surely one of those heaven-made matches!!! YAM xx

Phil Slade said...

You certainly have lots of animals around, both in and out. Hope that trail cam is btter placed now.

Anvilcloud said...

I'm glad for you guys that you enjoy your animals, both the indoor and outdoor varieties.

William Kendall said...

Butch is quite resourceful.

Always count on cats to make good use of boxes.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your kitties are so cute. Adorable photos and video. I've been seeing a raccoon coming to our deck, if it sticks around I will stop feeding the birds. Thank you for linking up your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week!

Powell River Books said...

Raccoons can be pretty touch to encourage to do anything. I had one get in our condo in California through the kitty door. I had to end up locking him in the bedroom with the door open until he left. When I tried to scoot him along he turned against me and became quite aggressive. - Margy

Olga said...

You do have a constant source of entertainment. Raccoons are very smart. He is not going to forget that there is food in your garage!

Betty J. Crow said...

Love the kitty action! Super nice to have deer sleeping in the yard. Hope you have had an awesome weekend.

Kay said...

Actually, when my kids were little, they loved the big boxes just as much as the presents that were in them at Christmas. I'm so glad you're getting some warmer temperatures.

Nancy J said...

Daisy loves it out there, and Hooper just trying to sneak up, Annabelle the queen of all, just let me be she says!!! Boxes, paper on a string, a bare tree, all fun for them all. XX ( all OK here so far today).