Friday 15 December 2017

Cats and kindness

Interesting times in our household. Freezing cold temperatures outside. It was sunny yesterday, but today the clouds are rolling in.

Daisy, however, ventured out yesterday, on the front porch in the sunshine. She was bird watching. Good to keep them gainfully unemployed!


Indoors, things are pretty good. They are working out the new hierarchy. Three cats in the foyer. Annabelle and Hooper are pretty comfortable, standing up for themselves around the food dish. Hooper is on recovery food, as he still has his cold and sneezles. Annabelle is on diet food! Daisy not so much. Hooper is so unpredictable, roaring up and down the hall to play. She is being cautious. Note the tail wagging!



In the meantime, Daisy was warming up on top of the fish tank light (which is warm), and Hooper was fascinated with the goldfish. I caught him doing 'bear.'


Hooper from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Hubby went for a drive, to make some deliveries and pick up some groceries.
He dropped off chocolates for the people at our dentist, and doctor,  mailed parcel to Vancouver, picked up a parcel, filled the car with gas, bought chocolates for the vet, and the ER at the hospital (which he drops off on Christmas Eve). He wore his special hat!

I visited my client for three hours yesterday. When I arrived home, I was told to look on my placemat.

New kitty, Hooper (5 weeks awaiting adoption), had ordered in some wine and chocolates to thank me for taking him in. All JB did, he tells me, is pay the taxi driver!

8 comments:

DUTA said...

Your hubby 's quite a guy, and your cats seem to have personality too.

Karen said...

Love J.B.'s hat!
What a good and thoughtful boy Hooper is.

Anvilcloud said...

Gotta love Daisy's spot.

Nancy J said...

Ho,Ho Ho!!! Fancy Hooper being so smart!!! JB is a darling, enjoy those goodies, and the snow, as you know, I love to see that white stuff in your photos. Off to pick up the Gammill machine today, it needs some TLC by an electrician ( a dear friend will do this re-wiring for me, paid of course) and then I will be on a " Big Girl Quilting frame"!!!, a cool start to the day thankfully, you are mighty cold up there.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Well, that kitty has taste; Yellowtail Aussie wine is one of the best! YAM xx

Lady Fi said...

Brrr - that's cold! Lovely shots.

Powell River Books said...

Now that's a very thoughtful cat. - Margy

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Too cold at your house for me. You guys are hardy! I'd take in a kitty for short term, especially if she brought me gifts like that!