Thursday 16 November 2017

On frozen pond

It's pretty cold down there at the pond. The pond has frozen. Daisy went skating. The ice is only a bit thicker than the width of my thumb. I tried it, and broke through. I fell on the dock on my behind. I laughed. Daisy sits with one paw up, the rock is pretty cold!

I broke my rain gauge. It was frozen after last week, and I was pouring warm water on it, trying to wrench it off, and the lid popped off and chipped. I was not amused.



Daisy goes skating from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The red squirrel has made a nest (Red squirrel usurps wood duck nesting box), which the mice took over. They came flying out at me when I went to clean it.

Wood duck box #1 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

7 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
LOL, that vid of Daisy is a keeper! ... and something made me look back a post and I find that I missed Mr J's birfdee - my fondest regards and warm wishes, albeit belated!!! YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

The cats lives in the moment.

Powell River Books said...

Daisy sure enjoys the outdoors like you do. Your wood duck box looks cozy and easy for you to maintain with the side opening. I'm always amazed that the chicks don't break something when they leap out after hatching. - Margy

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

So fun - it looks like Daisy can walk on water!

William Kendall said...

It's fun to watch Daisy mosey about!

Red said...

You keep buy everyday with a variety of interests.

Christine said...

hope it's safe for Daisy to go out on the pond.