Sunday 17 September 2017

Trip to Venise-en-Québec 3. signage

It was time to refresh our French driving vocabulary. 'Vitesse' = speed! So, in hindsight, these are speed cameras!
There are lots of Catholic churches, with majestic spires. Farming communities, for the most part, then small towns with two catholic churches and a strip club. New York isn't far away, and in hindsight we could have brought passports and driven back through the US.

There were lots of wineries (établissement vinicole, le Chat Botté), maple syrup (produit de l'érable), apple farms (you-pick => auto-cueillette), snow (neige),  strip club (danseurs nues), fire station (caserne d'incendie), garlic farm (d'lail), ice cream (creme de glace), brothers (les frères).

I like the stop signs, they show whether it's a 3-way or 4-way.


9 comments:

Olga said...

I enjoyed these photos. It has been such a long time since I have been to Quebec -- and it is really so close.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
5 kms??? Well, am guessing that's NY state and not the city! I love seeing different signage; quite miss the Aussie ones, but of course, over here, it's the Gaelic which brings smiles (and confusion!). YAM xx

Red said...

That's a very pretty place to see and you learn how people live in a different culture.

Nancy J said...

I think I knew one word in all the signs!!! It would be a nightmare if I was driving there, and yes, hop over the border next time. Beautiful steeples, and then the tractors, a quad bike, and more, a lovely time out.

Debbie said...

lot's of very cool signage!!! looks like autumn has begun to show her colors!!!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Enjoyed all three road trip posts -- too great to be able to go to what seems like another country but is not (for you).....

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Nice pics you shared with us. I like the church photo. Thanks for sharing.

Anvilcloud said...

The churches would be a goo draw, and those stop signs are new to me but a good idea, I think.

William Kendall said...

The churches are my favourite.