Sunday 24 September 2017

Trip to Almonte

Hubby needed to go to Carleton Place for a prescription refill. How about we begin in Perth, where I needed to refill an expired prescription? Sadly, my my doctor is on vacay. Shopper's Drug Mart will give me a supplementary 30 days, on consult with the pharmacist, for a mere $15. I suppose, this causes them extra hassles, time and staff. They are my anti-depressants, and they are vital. If I weren't depressed I might have planned ahead, but that didn't happen!

Then, we could go to Almonte, and drive the backway? Sure!



I think this is Prospect. Place with a heart of gold! This is the access for firefighters for water. A leopard frog hopped down the dock in front of me!


Culverts are being replaced all along the highways and biways!


It's turtle migration, apparently!


The bonus was, we got some birdseed for fall, did a bit of clothes shopping, after having had lunch at the pub. It's a lovely spot, on the river.
They are still working on rebuilding the dam in Almonte. 



Also, the Almonte Dam rebuild is coming along. Almonte Hydro Dam Progress  I've been following its progress since Sept. 2014. They are refurbishing it, but people have been protesting it. I believe it an important part in changing our world. Yes, it's a mess now, but for those few who like to play in its waters, once done, life will not change.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

big machines - big holes!! those toad/frogs are so cute!!!

DeniseinVA said...

Very nice sights along the way. The frogs are cute and so glad to see someone helping the turtle. I found a video on just that which I have posted on my blog. Happy week to you Jenn :)

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Well, apart from the hiccup with Rx, that was a pretty good outing! Love that you captured the frog mid-leap. YAM xx

William Kendall said...

Catching that frog in the leap is great timing!

Karen said...

I was wondering why all those sandbags were around the Mill when we were down to Almonte a couple of weeks ago.

Red said...

...on the road again...courtesy of Willie.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I like the way you two turn ordinary errands into fun adventures -- you always see something interesting and you turn running errands into an excuse to have a good meal out (we do the last part -- and we try to do the first!)

Anvilcloud said...

Almonte is always a nice spot for a bit of wandering. I'm not sure where the construction was. I haven't been that way, wherever it is.

Henry said...

Very nice post!!! I really like the frogs pictures. So cool how you captured him in the leap!!
Henry