Saturday 2 September 2017

Saturday's Critters

The goldfish are looking happy. I'll have to bring them in soon, at this rate. It was 6 C. this morning. It makes the water very clear, reducing the algae. I've dropped a pond pump top in it, but still cannot find it!
Daisy found a frog, but the fish distracted her!

As I was watching the fish, a leopard frog, a wee one, hopped madly into the pond. Sure enough, a snake was chasing it! THAT got Daisy's attention!
Frog & snake from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.
Hurricane Harvey's remnants are on their way. The ants are building up a fine home. Do you suppose they know?

The trail cam showed a hawk. I'm not sure what it was doing. This is trailcam #1, and not as good as the other one. It was on the camera the day before, but got spooked by it, I guess.

Hawk from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is nice being retired. We will be having some wood delivered this week too. Hubby's job of stacking it. I almost jumped when Daisy when after the snake. Cute frog. Love the hawk video too. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
That looks jolly like it's eating on prey... great shot to have, even if at ad fuzzy! Yes, am sure the ants (and all other critters) sense Ma Nature's moods. We do too - but we rationalise it all the time! YAM xx

Crafty Green Poet said...

I enjoyed watching the videos, Daisy seems intrigued by the snake

troutbirder said...

Those little ponds can be lots of fun. I gave up mine last year though as a local family of raccoons decided that goldfish were a easy to catch and a true delicacy...:)

Villrose said...

Love the video with the frog and the confused cat :)

Debbie said...

those fish really stand out....the orange is so pretty in the pond!! nice video of the hawk!!

A Colorful World said...

How lovely to have a goldfish pond! I enjoyed both videos very much.

Red said...

I hope you don't get a big rain out of Harvey.

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

Chilly mornings and evenings, rain today, which we really need.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Love the goldfish -- Daisy and the snake kind of scared me. (i'm not afraid of snakes really -- not a girly-girl, but I leave them alone and they leave me alone in return. Just not sure Daisy knows that!! --

NatureFootstep said...

lovely nature sightings :)

William Kendall said...

Daisy's lucky the snake's not venomous.