Monday 7 August 2017

Gandsitting Day 6: Lombardy Fair

Off we went to Lombardy Fair. Lots of kiddie rides, which is good. I am shocked at the prices, but I shouldn't be. Entry for 2 adults =  $20, which wasn't bad. Most of the rides were 4 or 5 tickets = 30 tickets for $25. You can purchase an unlimited rides bracelet for $30. We chose tickets, as we could limit the time. They figured out the best bang for the bucks! Pony rides were $5 each. I don't know how young families manage it. Thankfully, hubby'd gone to the bank machine.

Someone insisted that she'd been on a Starship with her Papa. I told Izzy that she can go on with Papa another time, but gramma and grampa aren't going on and she couldn't go alone! 
Starship 2000 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

First we bought tickets, 30 of them.

Grampa did a good job getting us on camera!


We decided to have dinner at home. The girls chose some pizza from Rideau Ferry, and it was good!


Then, we waited. Momma and Papa were picking them up to go camping!
Grandsitting Day 1
Grandsitting Day 2
Grandsitting Day 3
Grandsitting Day 4
Grandsitting Day 5

5 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

The last time I went on rides was at Wonderland 1990. I have no desire to ride again, but I used to enjoy them.

Red said...

It's sad that kid stuff can be very pricey.

Nancy J said...

what a day!! They should give accompanying grandparents a HUGE discount for their rides. Lovely wave!!! You two are real troopers.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such fun pictures ... this Grandma wouldn't go on a Starship either!!!

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

I haven't been to a county fair since my teen years. Not having kids, you do tend to not attend these.