Monday 8 May 2017

Flooding, Brockville, shoe stretchers, sculptures

Today it is snowing. We've had quite a bit of rain in the region.
It's an awful story: flooding along the Ottawa River. The University of Ottawa is closed, government workers in Gatineau have a flood day off, highways and bridges across the river are closed. Many have been sent to hotels, as homes are flooded with several feet of water. Then there is southeast Ontario (Brockville), plus farm fields are flooded across southeastern Ontario.

We took a  Sunday drive.
The skies were ominous, with more rain on the way. Many fields won't be able to be planted anytime soon. The rivers and creeks are overflowing.


There have been several fires. Such a mess. One feels so badly for people.



Warehouse sale!

I bought myself some new runners, as well as a few other things. Hubby says, in my pink coat, I look like an ice cream cone.



The Brockville harbour


We went to the Tall Ships building. The restaurant is closed until next week, instead we had early dinner at the Brimstone pizza place. My feet didn't touch the floor!


Drive-bys: sculptures, and shoe stretchers... I have no idea what the shoe stretchers are doing on the fences, there were 4 or 5 pairs along highway #29, near Frankville, Ontario.

8 comments:

Nancy J said...

shoe stretchers, I thought they would be a collector's dream item. Seldom seen these days. Flooding, hope you stay safe, with that late snow as well, do keep warm. Pink coat, new sneakers, good together.XXX

Caitlin said...

Nice new kicks!

DUTA said...

This flooding thing is a bit of a disaster, but it'll pass. The pizza looks yummi, and you're sitting with a smile on your face, so there's hope things are on the mend.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your new runners look good and I love a pink colour coat - I have one too!

So very sorry to read about the bad weather, it made our UK news today.
Keep safe.
Keep dry.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots!

Hopefully the rain's done. The snow was a surprising sight today.

Red said...

I hope your rain quits like yesterday.

Lady Fi said...

What a lovely area!

Powell River Books said...

Nice shoes! I often find seats where my feet don't touch the floor. For example, the easy chair I'm sitting in right now at the condo. - Margy