BREAKING: President Donald Trump signs executive order rolling back Obama's efforts to combat climate change.— The Associated Press (@AP) March 28, 2017
Donald Trump signs executive order on energy policies. Rolls back Obama-era climate change rules. Says moves include end to "war on coal."— CBC News Alerts (@CBCAlerts) March 28, 2017
This is why Canadians should be worried. The National did an excellent piece on Environmental Protection Agency cuts. If the US goes back to coal-fired plants; if they get rid of state policy (California), Federal regulations for energy and methane, if it's 'business as usual', nothing will be changed.Cartoon for @HillTimesGlobal @TheHillTimes #trump #environment #KeystonePipeline #coal pic.twitter.com/gkrgRgEpwH— Michael de Adder (@deAdder) March 29, 2017
The US will look as smoggy as China. We've seen these smog photos in January. With Obama's American Paris Pledge, it would have taken US Greenhouse Gas Emissions down.
|When you think it can't get any worse|
2) Reconsider carbon standards for new coal plants.
3) Reconsider regulations on methane emissions from oil and gas operations.
4) Revisit the “social cost of carbon” estimate used to justify climate regulations.
5) Lift the moratorium on federal coal leasing.
6) Repeal guidance for factoring climate change into NEPA reviews.
7) Rescind a bunch of Obama’s other executive orders on climate.
8) Tell agencies to review all rules inhibiting energy production
Solar PowerGreenbyte, maker of wind and solar asset management software Breeze and Bright, has just released an interactive map showing the cumulative installed solar power capacity per country, continent and the world between 1992-2015.
The Evolution of Solar Power is the result of a cooperation between Greenbyte and SolarPower Europe. See the interactive Evolution of Solar Power map here.
Interested in seeing the Evolution of Wind Power worldwide, consult the interactive Evolution of Wind Power map here.