Wednesday 27 April 2016

NaPoWriMo Day 18 – Sounds of Home

Day 18 <= prompt

If I've told you once
I've told you a thousand times
This is for your own good

for a long time I'd hear 'JEEEENNNNIFFFEER'
then 'MMMmmmmmoooooonnnnnnnn'
now 'GRAAMMMAAA JEEE-EEENNNNNN'
the years have passed




 Today, I’d like to challenge you to write a poem that incorporates “the sound of home.” Think back to your childhood, and the figures of speech and particular ways of talking that the people around you used, and which you may not hear anymore. 

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

I like that!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh yes, I now recall
the brother, when he was small
always keeping things for
that"just if in case", or
the granny, still in my head
yelling "Bairns, time for bed!"

... YAM xx


Red said...

I remember Kee, Myr, Vic as my Mom got all mixed up when she was trying to tell one of us to behave.