Sunday 6 March 2016

Tripping around the region

This is an archive photo 
–from our backyard!

March 3rd

It was a rather less than stellar wildlife trip. It is impossible walking in the forest. I noticed few tracks on the fields, except for the foxes who trip the light fantastic on the top of the snow.
Terrible walking. What the heck - lets go for a drive!
I spotted a few turkeys sitting in a forest in the sun, but didn't get a drive-by photo.
 It's a good day to hunker down with your friends.

A beautiful, sunny day!
Whoops. Dead end! "Not maintained by the county!"

"Playfairville!"  The Mississippi River, Ontario! Hubby sat in the car, whilst I leapt out to photograph the dark, dark blues and blacks of the river!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the views of the river.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty snowy scenes. I like the turkeys and the view of the river. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

So cold, and yet so beautiful! I appreciate seeing this world, so different from my own. One of the joys of blogging is certainly learning what it would be like if you were "somewhere else instead".

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
There is something enchanting about the play of sunlight on snow - and water for that matter! Great shots Jenn... YAM xx

Powell River Books said...

Maybe low on critters, but some beautiful countryside. We got just a dusting of snow on top of Goat Island a week ago. That the second time this season, pretty meager. We did take the quads up to the snow and I ate my traditional pop and snow snowcone. Fun! - Margy

Nancy J said...

Still lots of snow, and love the contrast with the dark water, Mr. J in the car, sensible man!!! Stay warm.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

What lovely country. Wonderful shot of the turkeys!
~

Out To Pasture said...

Great to see open water on the Mississippi. Feel like I've just been a passenger on your scenic drive. Thanks for sharing.

William Kendall said...

I like how our local Mississippi is looking!

Red said...

Snow is usually deepest at this time of year and of course we sink right to the bottom.

Cloudia said...

Such gorgeous country!

Hilary said...

Lovely. It looks like spring might just arrive.

Kay said...

I still can't get over your wild turkeys just wandering around your backyard. Wow! Just looking at your photos made me feel cooler.

Coincidentally, I have scheduled some photos to be posted tomorrow that my daughter texted me from Chicago. She knew I would want to blog about it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Lovely winter shots.