Friday 18 March 2016

Have you wondered about home renos after the crew goes home?

I have questions about home makeovers. Truly, they are new houses. I wonder a couple of things, however. I love seeing families with a new home. I wonder how they can afford to pay taxes, and the upkeep on the homes, once they move in. Also, as in the Woodhouse family (see below), they have amazing upgrades that just don't seem to make sense. I think the homes are too big, especially if there are teens who are apt to move out and move on. Also, this young lady has had a wonderful house created that suits her neurological disorder, basic she's unable to tolerate heat. There are lots of family issues, and her health issues are tough.

I watch a lot of shows whilst working out. Some of them are a hoot. This young lady has a difficult condition. They gave her a bedroom with a salt water aquarium. Seriously? Do you know how much work it is? The extreme bedrooms are quite something, Kayla's brother was given a bunk bed, built into a dragon. You wonder how long that will last?!


The family has a great webpage, and are sharing their health experiences.
Whether you heard about us from our Extreme Makeover: Home Edition experienceour books, or Kayla's condition, we're glad you're here. Let us share with you what we're really about.

Uploaded on 28 Feb 2011

Extreme Makeover Home Edition - Woodhouse Family Ten-year-old Kayla Woodhouse feels no pain, and this precarious rare condition can kill her. It was diagnosed in 1997 when Kim Woodhouse took her second child, then 14-month-old Kayla on a trip to the playground, and she passed out without any particular reason. January 13, 2008

5 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I've wondered the same thing. How can these things be maintained. I took care of somebody's salt water aquarium for two weeks. Talk about having to use my chemistry background!!

William Kendall said...

That's the first time I've heard of such a condition.

Red said...

The new houses built today are a waste as they are far too large in practical terms. Advertising gets people to build sillier and sillier.

Cloudia said...

Glad you have a nice home to sit the Grandees!

Kay said...

I've seen those make-over shows and it's a lot of fun, but I've wondered the same thing. The kids will outgrow much of that sort of "fun" furniture.

It reminds me that when we did our home renovation, it was not the wisest thing we've ever done. However, for 8 years now, we've been comfortable and it sure kept us busy.