Saturday 16 May 2015

Upon the impending birth of a babe

Here I am with Jesse last year
People will laugh. I sent four packages out west to the kids, who were expecting a baby. I had the address wrong. An 8 instead of a 6 in the 4-digit house number. Sigh.

They were married last year, 2014. Our trip to Vancouver was epic. Married on the day both of them were born, May 19th. They announced they were expecting in May.
Cluny Anne Laura Martyn as born May 16th, 2015.
She was 6 lbs., 15 oz. and adorable in the photo they sent us.
I am grandmother to 3 girls now! I'll be short photos, as we are so far away. We did a video chat, which was wonderful.

This is the poem I sent them.

For Jesse and Stacie


Gazing upon your face; we were smitten
With great excitement new chapters written
Joyously your hearts are blended
Life for you
Has just been splendid

Happily, soon, your babe presented
To see you both-our hearts contented
Those days of waiting while you are tested
Snuggle up, you best be rested!

Our lives have changed as time has flown
It is an honour– watching you, grown
From sapling to oak, you stand matured
The future, I think, is reassured
Isabelle and Jesse, May 19, 2014

Of all the times I miss you mostly
I feel your love, not living closely
You make us laugh, as is your talent
I follow your journey, for you are gallant.



3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Congratulations, Jennifer!

Cloudia said...

Congratulations Dear Jenn <3





( '>
/))
//""

ALOHA from Honolulu,
ComfortSpiral
=^..^=

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Congratulations Grandmama! That's lovely news. (And the new baby won't mind a bit if her present is a little late ;>)))!